Job Title: Communication and Advocacy Coordinator m/f
Reports to: Regional Director
Resume of the Job:
- Be responsible for the internal and external communication strategies of the ADRA Europe office.
- Coordinate the advocacy and policy work of the European ADRA Country offices at the European level, keeping a strong link with EU based NGO Platforms.
Percentage of Time: 100%
- Develop and implement communication strategies.
- Coordinate the production and writing of communication and fundraising materials with the ADRA Network.
- Organize training and information sharing events on Communication and Advocacy for European Country Offices.
- Create and maintain information sharing systems on ADRA Europe issues.
- Develop and nurture relationships with key stakeholder groups.
- Facilitate the operation of internal working groups in the fields related to his or her functions.
- Organize and motivate the participation of ADRA Europe Members in the several working groups of the Platforms of which ADRA Europe is a member.
- Represent ADRA at European Union events and consultations.
- Represent ADRA Europe at NGO Platforms meetings contributing with critical thinking for the discussed thematic.
- Write position papers with the contribution of ADRA specialists.
- Organize and motivate the participation of ADRA Europe Members in Network advocacy campaigns.
- Organize the participation of ADRA Europe in thematic exhibitions and public events.
- Coordinate communication efforts during European emergency ADRA responses.
- Coordinate the public relations element for ADRA Europe.
- Monitor and communicate current trends in the human rights, development and emergency assistance arenas.
- Provide support with the CORE program.
- Actively collaborate in the general operations of the office.
- Perform other duties as designated by the Executive Director.
Education of the Candidate:
- Advanced degree in Communication, Public Relations, International Development or any related field
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Knowledge of any other European language(s)
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet Tools and image and video software.
- Five years or more of experience in senior positions in the fields of communication, advocacy work or public relations.
- Relevant experience in the human rights defense, development or humanitarian fields.
- Understand the SDA Church organizational system.
- Have an interest in and aptitude for cross-cultural ministry.
- Ability to create communication materials that can be shared with the Network.
- Capacity to write position papers with the contribution of different experts.
- Capacity to coordinate regional advocacy campaigns.
- Critical capacity to understand and contribute to the most recent development trends.
- Competent in creating synergies between different actors to information and communication materials sharing.
- Knowledge of the European Institutions and their relevant legislations.
- Initiative and self-motivated.
- Being guided by transparency and accountability principles at work.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- High level of problem solving skills with the ability to work under pressure. Excellent time management skills with the ability to plan ahead.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Updated knowledge on new communication tools.
- Frequent international travel required, approximately 30% of time.
Mental/Emotional Requirements: Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment; to perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner; to work as part of a team as well as to complete assignments independently; to take instructions from supervisors; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, network employees, donors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
Remark: As the strategy of ADRA Europe is still being designed by its members, the successful candidate must be ready to have some flexibility on the above job descriptions and tasks and be prepared to perform other tasks as required.
Physical Requirements: Person must be able to perform essential job functions with or without accommodation. Incumbent should be in optimal health for difficult and temporary below-basic living conditions at overseas location and for field travel in general.
Remuneration and Benefits: According to experience and SDAC wage scale
Contract Term: Definitive after 6 months of experience
Deadline for applications: 31st December 2016
Address for applications: [email protected]
To download this job description: Communication and Advocacy Coordinator ADRA EU