Job Title: Programmes and Emergency Response Coordinator (m/f)
Reports to: Regional Director
Resume of the Job:
- Facilitate and stimulate the access of ADRA Country offices to EU funded programmes.
- Coordinate the regional emergency response operations.
Percentage of Time: 100%
- Develop a European common Strategy to access funding within Europe.
- Disseminate information on European funding opportunities.
- Coordinate and track the EU funding at regional and global levels.
- Facilitate partnerships between ADRA offices on common EU financed programmes.
- Promote training opportunities for Programmes staff of ADRA European offices.
- Develop and nurture relationships with key stakeholder groups.
- Elaborate tools and manuals that facilitate the access of European Country Offices to EU funding.
- Facilitate the operation of internal working groups in the fields related to his or her functions.
- Represent ADRA in key DevCo and ECHO programmes departments.
- Keep updated on the financial instruments and trends on development.
- Assist ADRA Europe offices in keeping their National Emergency Preparedness and Response plans updated.
- Coordinate the regional Emergency Response Team, including organizing relevant trainings.
- Manage regional emergency crisis in collaboration with local country offices.
- Strategically develop conditions for more offices to have an FPA with ECHO.
- Provide support with the CORE program.
- Actively collaborate in the general operations of the office.
- Perform other duties as designated by the Executive Director.
Education of the Candidate:
- Advanced degree in International Development, Humanitarian Aid or any related field
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Knowledge of any other European language(s)
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Five years or more of experience as senior manager in development and/or emergency programmes.
- An understanding and experience of working with ADRA Network.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiations and administrative abilities.
- Knowledge and experience on the European Funding Instruments for CSO.
- Technical understanding and competence in project cycle management (PCM) including analysis, design, assessment, resourcing, implementing, monitoring and evaluation.
- Financial management skills such as strategic budgeting and monitoring.
- Have an interest in and aptitude for cross-cultural activities.
- Capacity to lobby at the EU Institutions promoting ADRA programmes.
- Capacity to coordinate and promote programmatic partnerships among ADRA country offices.
- Pro-active and results oriented mind-set.
- Ability to represent ADRA in a variety of public settings.
- Capacity to coordinate emergency response operations in the field.
- Initiative and self-motivated.
- Being guided by transparency and accountability principles at work.
- High level of problem solving skills with the ability to work under pressure. Excellent time management skills with the ability to plan ahead.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Frequent international travel required, approximately 40% of time.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment; to perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner; to work as part of a team as well as to complete assignments independently; to take instructions from supervisors; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, network employees, donors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
As the strategy of ADRA Europe is still being designed by its members, the successful candidate must be ready to have some flexibility on the above job descriptions and tasks and be prepared to perform other tasks as required.
Person must be able to perform essential job functions with or without accommodation. Incumbent should be in optimal health for difficult and temporary below-basic living conditions at overseas location and for field travel in general.
Remuneration and Benefits: According to experience and SDAC wage scale
Contract Term: Definitive after 6 months of experience
Deadline for applications: 31st December 2016
Address for applications: [email protected]